Monday, April 7, 2008

Apple Oatmeal Cookies

I just tried a new recipe and I am in love with these cookies. As some of you know, Mark and I live with my parents and my Dad is a dessert man, actually so is Mark. I like to have sweets on hand, but as Dad is a diabetic and we are all on the pudgy side I was looking for something a bit healthier. Here it goes:

2 sticks of butter, melted
1 1/2 c. sugar + 1-2 T. molasses
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
3c. oats
1 1/2c. flour, I used whole wheat
1/2-1c. chopped apples, I used fresh, but you can use dried apples
I also left the skin on the apple. I prefer them that way.

Mix everything well. Roll into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten a little. Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes and then cool on rack. These are chewy and filling without being too sweet. Next time, I may try some other spices with it too. Make them seem like apple pies. :)

No comments: