Sunday, September 13, 2009

RIP- Hamish 9/12/2009

My beloved cat, Hamish was struck and killed by a car last night. I am beyond upset still over 12 hours later. They closed the bridge on the end of a main street and so we are the detour street. We have 1000% more traffic and no one slows down anymore. The two girls that struck him did the right thing, though and went looking for his owner. They found some neighbors who recognized him, called my in-laws who called Mark. I am glad that we didn't see him being killed, especially the kids. This will devastate them when we tell them after church. I have never ever had a cat who didn't die of old age or a lethal disease. I am beyond hopelessness over this loss.
Hamish was a stray that a local man found and took in to his shop in Cortland. Hamish was the office cat, then named Snuggles. When we bought the house, I had to have a cat, so we rushed over there. He couldn't find any kittens, but my girls couldn't pull themselves away from a long haired, overweight, over-affectionate cat. Scott put him in the car with us and away we went. Hamish loved riding in the car because the driver had to endure him sitting on your lap while you were forced to pet him. I woke up almost every morning to Hamish kneading my back to get me to wake up. I will severely miss the kitty massages.
I am so grateful that Hamish got to have a familywho loved him beyond words for a little over a year. He lived a short 4 years, but the last was the best.

1 comment:

hartleyhouse said...

I am so sorry!!! I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Know that I'm thinking about you guys, I love you!!

Laura