Monday, September 14, 2009

Better today

I am certainly feeling worlds better today. I know Hamish is in a better place with people around him to love and that has given me a lot of comfort. Actually, my friend Diane was the one who thought that maybe Heavenly Father will now wake up to kitty massages every morning. It's funny, I really didn't feel up to church on Sunday, but the Relief Society choir was singing and since I am first counselor, I had to be there. Sacrament was truly uplifting. The music is what really got me. It was about consoling grief and finding hope. Heavenly Father certainly watches out for those who need it. But, then, the ladies sang. I had chosen "Beautiful Savior" from the old Children's Songbook. It has a stunning descant and is just amazing when sung by a large group that truly believe the words. There were only 15 of us, but we sounded like 300. Our group always has a few angels that like to sing with us. It is always a wonderful experience.

Monday morning dawned, and it was off to school for Fiona. She seems to dislike first grade, so far. I think she is a bit intimidated by the amount of work. We shall see how it goes. She brought home homework and has not been entirely excited about it. She starts irish step dance tonight at the Center for the Arts. She has sooooooo been looking forward to the lessons. It has been her entire focus this summer. Wish her luck!

No comments: