Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sick, sick, sick

We have all been down with a nasty cold for almost a week and a half now. Mark had it, then Brigid, now Fiona and I are sick. All I want to do is sleep and veg out, but there is always so much that needs to be done. The house has been a bit of a wreck and there is no end in sight for a cleaner house.
Fiona spent the night with my mother-in-law last night, so it was a Brigid and Mommy sleepover. We ate dinner, watched a movie, took a bath and then fell asleep. When we talking in bed, I found out that Brigid thinks that if you kiss a boy, you marry him. When I asked her if she kissed a boy, she told me, "no," but she giggled that entire time. I am pretty sure, she is the girl kissing all the boys.
I have been working on long term food storage lately. I have canned dozens of jars of beans and 10 pints of ground beef. It is the BEST! I am shocked at how easy and convenient pressure canning is. Time seems more urgent now than it ever has in the past. Every time I turn on the news or radio there is something else that is telling me to prepare. Have you felt that too?

1 comment:

Tanya Sio said...

I hope you all feel better soon!